Monday, October 03, 2005

Best Of Homespun Bloggers October 2nd, 2005

Grizzly Mama

Ground Zero

Had a great time with my sister. Went to the shore, Reading Terminal Market, a family dinner and NYC to see the Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero. Taking a 5 y/old to NYC was quite an adventure. I had no idea that it would be so difficult because my girlies and me..well..we go everywhere together. But it was hard for the 5 y/old.

Musing

Naginÿs excuse

Ray Nagin has come up with a classic excuse for his overblown hyperbole, forecasting tens of thousands dead during the Katrina aftermath...´As far as exaggerations, I was in the moment,¡ said Nagin. I was in the moment should be the rallying cry for all of the officials that so badly botched the job in Louisiana, as well as the MSMÿs lies and misinformation about Katrina. It provides a nice contrast to ´stuck on stupid".

Photos and Report from the Protests in Washington DC

As promised, I attended the protests in Washington DC on Saturday, September 24

The short version; it was a freakshow.

But it was also an awful lot of fun, in a weird sort of way, and I advise anyone with such events taking place near then to do likewise and attend them. Heck, we had people on our side fly in from all around the country just to attend our counter-demonstration.

MuD&PHuD

To Federalize Or Not To Federalize

Choice 'B', please.

The answer to disaster readiness is not to strip state and local government of power and responsibility in favor of giving that power to the federal government. While I think Bush has a lot of really good qualities as President, this is one case in which he and I disagree. That's fine, the thing that scares me is that I agree with the ACLU on this one. Yikes.
|