Monday, October 10, 2005

Best Of Homespun Bloggers October 9th, 2005

Righting America

Racism, the Welfare State, Sharpton, Bennett and YOU

Is it just me, or is all this fuss about racism making many of us non-minority folk (who are NOT racists), feel kinda', ummmmm, RACIST? Is the taboo of talking about racism finally wearing off for white people, who might be tired of paying a pennance that we did not (personally) earn? Well, it is for me. Big time.

Eric's Grumbles Before The Grave

Continuing to Correspond with Senator Boxer

I sent this to Senator Boxer (D-CA) tonight after having received her response to my initial correspondence with her suggesting that she support cutting pork spending to pay for Hurricane Katrina relief. I posted my initial response to that correspondence in this entry. Based on her response, Senator Boxer appears to think that pork spending constitutes "vital social programs".

Thoughts By Seawitch

My Mississippi

I have been searching for a song or a poem to articulate my feelings about my Mississippi and have failed. So tonight I wrote this.

My Mississippi

Gentle waves that lap the shore
Hot grains of sand my feet long for

Poor Man

Once, again, Al Gore has lost it.

Ever since loosing to W in 2000, he has become positively unhinged.

In a speech the other day at a media conference he said that American democracy was in "grave danger" because of....

MuD&PHuD

Never Here, Revisted

I originally wrote this as a comment in response to probligo (which was in response to this post) but decided that it deserved its own post. Here goes:

probligo,

I know, cases like that are extremely difficult. I have spent time at a hospital dedicated to long-term care. The pediatric ward is possibly the most depressing thing I've ever witnessed. And, some way I can't describe, the most beautiful.
|