Monday, April 18, 2005

Best Of Homespun Bloggers April 17, 2005

The Southern Conservative

Axis of Evil: The Secret Hypocrisy of the Left

...It's not art. Let's get that straight right off the bat. The goal of the "artist" is NOT to create art or express something. The goal of the artist is simply to enrage people he disagrees with. Those who defend the "artist" are really only defending him or her because they have the same political enemies as the artist.
Nobody actually enjoys this kind of "art."

MuD&PHuD

Terri Schiavo

I received an email last night kindly prodding me to not fall into the short attention span trap that I, from time to time, accuse others of. So I'll ask, what every happened to the Terri Schiavo story?


Carpe Bonum

Hitler not democratically elected

I have repeated the myth that Hitler was democratically elected. This is not the case.

Don't Let Me Stop You

Touring The Great American Desert

Some two score years ago the state of Nebraska started an advertising campaign to increase tourism. Our slogan, "NebraskaLand: Where the West Begins," was quickly transformed into "NebraskaLand: Where the East Peters Out." It was a tough sell. After all, Nebraska history is mostly the history of people passing through on their way to somewhere else.

The Redhunter

War with China: 2008-2010?

In an earlier post called "The Looming Threat", I wrote that China would likely attack Taiwan sometime "before 2015". In light of better information, I am revising my estimate to say that if there is a war it will occur sometime between 2008 and 2010.

In this post I will review why the Chinese might attack, when they might attack and why, why we should defend Taiwan, and how the 2008 Olympics in Beijing will affect China's decision on when to attack.
|