Monday, June 13, 2005

Best Of Homespun Bloggers June 13th, 2005

Collecting my Thoughts

1096 Raising Awareness--Darfur

"Save Darfur is a coalition of 129 organizations including Amnesty International and National Council of churches which tries to educate the public through ads, speeches, rallies, banners, yard signs, etc. Those two organizations alone would keep me from contributing, as awful as I think that tragedy is."

The Redhunter

I've Moved!

If you're reading this then you've found my new website. Thank you very much for visiting. I know I've been talking about this for a few weeks, and it took longer
than expected to set this up and migrate from blogger.

Don't Let Me Stop You

Remembering My Grandfather

On Memorial Day we visited the graves of my grandparents in Plattsmouth, Nebraska. A couple of years ago I wrote this essay about my Grandfather's effect on my life. He was born in 1875 and died in 1966, when I was 14. Obviously, the world he knew was very different from today.

Pattishub

Fixing The Wrong Problems

Liberal or conservative, the story in the above quoted article is heartbreaking. A 15 year old girl, desperate for love dating a man she describes as "incredibly sweet" and confesses to being "enamored by him." You can literally feel how this child was seeking love, romance, and acceptance. Instead she became a parent and suffered beatings.

As I said, liberal or conservative your heart must break. But if you are a liberal, you must accept a great deal of the blame.

MuD&PHuD

Interesting Definitions

A human being supposes an organism that will eventually die of natural causes. So, killing my friend is not really murder. Since he did not die of natural causes he was never actually a "human being".

Ok, so that's the best I could do and it is, quite literally, nonsense. So how is it that a "scientist" can make an equally ridiculous claim and not have someone laugh directly in his face?


ruah

Myth Busters R Us

Apparently, more people are starting to support government funding of embryonic stem cell research. I am sure that many of those people would be against it if the news media would print the truth instead of myths, so I thought I would try to do a little myth-busting.

THOUGHTS BY SEAWITCH

Suspicion about North Korea confirmed

I had long believed that North Korea's unwillingness to negoiate had more to do with them needing money than anything else. Kim Il Jong is waiting to be bribed like Clinton had done. New reports have come out that the people of North Korea face another food crisis.
|